Alcohol, other drugs and additctions
- Alcohol and Drug Service aims to minimise the harm caused by the use of alcohol and other drugs.
New Town: St Johns Park, New Town 7008 | Launceston: 13 Mulgrave Street, Launceston 7250 | Ulverstone: 11 Grove Street, Ulverstone 7315 New Town: 6230 7901 | Launceston: 6336 5577 | Ulverstone: 6429 8555 No email address available
- Alcoholics Anonymous provides information for people who may have a drinking problem and for those in contact with people who have, or are suspected of having, a problem.
Hobart: Rm18, 2nd Flr, McDougall Bldg, Ellerslie Rd, Battery Point Hobart: 6234 8711 | Launceston: 6334 7060 No email address available
- Australian Drug Information Network (ADIN) provides a central point of access to quality Internet-based alcohol and drug information provided by prominent organisations in Australia and internationally.
- Break Even Problem Gambling Service is for people who have a gambling problem, and their families and friends.
No address available 1800 243 232 No email address available
- Detox and Needle Exchange is an organisation who offers a range of health services that target harm minimisation with regard to alcohol and other drugs.
56 Collins Street, Hobart 6233 6722 No email address available
- Devonport Youth Alcohol & Drug Service provides outreach support and counselling to young people; needle exchange; family drug support service; and school/college peer support alcohol and drug program.
23 Steele St, Devonport 7310 6424 1531 No email address available
- Drinking Choices has information about alcohol-related health issues and Australian Government policy.
- DRUG ARM Australasia is a non-government, non-profit organisation committed to the promotion of a healthy lifestyle without the use of unnecessary drugs.
- Drug Education Network (DEN) is committed to working with communities/schools/families to enable communities to take action for their health.
- Drug Info Clearinghouse is a service provided by the Australian Drug Foundation (ADF). The core purposes of the ADF are to prevent drug problems and reduce drug-related harms; and to help people remain safe if, when and while they use drugs.
- Drug Policy Alliance provides information on the effects of drugs.
- Drugs - the facts contains useful information about drugs for a various range of people, including drug users, families, friends or anyone who is affected by drugs or wants to learn more about the harms of drugs.
- Gambling Helpline Tasmania provides free and confidential 24/7 telephone crisis support as well as referral information for the Tasmanian Break Even Network of gambling support services.
No address available 1800 858 858 No email address available
- Glenorchy Illicit Drugs Service (GIDS) is for young people (25 years and under) who are affected by the use of alcohol and other drugs, and their families and friends.
No address available 6273 5855 No email address available
- Headspace Northern Tasmania is a youth friendly, community based health service for young people aged 12 – 25 and their families. Young people can receive help for a range of issues including health, education, work, mental health and drug and alcohol use.
Cnr Brisbane and Wellington Street, Launceston 6336 4480 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health Effects of Tobacco is a resource site on the effects of tobacco use.
- Holyoake Tasmania Inc offers a range of group or individual counselling programs for people affected by their own or another's addiction or substance abuse.
127 Davey Street, Hobart 6224 1777 email@example.com
- Narcotics Anonymous Australia provides a directory of meetings around Tasmania and nationally for narcotics problems and contact phone numbers.
- OxyGen promotes and encourages healthy lifestyle choices and provides information on the impact of tobacco and resources on how to quit smoking.
- QUIT - Tasmania has a mission to promote health for all people in Tasmania by undertaking activities designed to eliminate or reduce exposure to tobacco in all its forms.
145 New Town Road, New Town 13 78 48 firstname.lastname@example.org
- QUIT - Tasmania Youth Resources provides fact sheets and Lesson Ideas for youth on Tobacco and its effects.
- Tune In Not Out Tune In Not Out provides 24hr TV for life’s challenges, such as alcohol, drugs, mental health, exams, sex, independence and relationships.
- Whats the Rush is a drug and alcohol website for Australian teenagers. The website contains detailed, factual drug and alcohol information as well as talking about the risks and effects, safety and health information.