Healthy eating and nutrition
- Accredited Practising Dietitians can be accessed via the nutrition departments of the major hospitals in Tasmania. A GP referral is required before making an appointment.
No address available Royal Hobart Hospital: 6222 8145 | Launceston General Hospital: 6348 7477 | North West Regional Hospital: 6430 6597 No email address available
- Australian Institute of Sport - Nutrition features a wide range of resources to assist elite athletes, recreational athletes and the general public stay up to date with the latest strategies in sports nutrition.
- Better Health Channel is an information site containing advice on healthy eating for kids. The site has links to other related topics too.
- Children, Youth and Women's Health South Australia provides a lot of information for teenagers on health, wellbeing and having fun.
- Dietitians Association of Australia is the largest professional nutrition organisation in Australia and provides practical and up-to-date nutrition information. To find an Accredited Practising Dietitian in your area use: Find an APD> Tasmania.
- Eating Disorder Foundation of Victoria provides information about eating disorders, recovery, prevention and support.
- Foodwatch provides information on good nutrition, weight reduction and includes recipes.
- Nutrition Australia promote optimal health for all Australians by encouraging food variety and physical activity.
- Stephanie Alexander Garden Kitchen Foundation aims for pleasurable food education for young children. The underlying belief is that by introducing this holistic approach we have a chance to positively influence children’s food choices in ways that have not been tried before.
- The Australian Guide to Healthy Eating and the Dietary Guidelines for Australians highlight the groups of foods and lifestyle patterns that promote good nutrition and health, and gives information about the kinds of foods to choose each day for good health.