Youth health services
- Australian Red Cross - Tasmanian Services provides 26 services across Tasmania. Red Cross is always there for people in need, providing relief in times of crisis and care for the most vulnerable in Australia and around the world.
Hobart: 40 Melville Street Hobart 7000 | Launceston: 54 Paterson Street Launceston 7250 | Burnie: 16 Alexander Street Burnie 7320 Hobart: 6235 6077 | Launceston: 6331 2522 | Burnie: 6431 1848 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burnie Youth Alcohol and Drug Service is the sub-program of Burnie Youth Accommodation Service (BYAS) and offers young people and their families counselling, advocacy, information and referral, parenting, quit smoking and other community programs.
2 Spring Street, Burnie 6431 9552 email@example.com
- C U @ Home is a program for first-time mums aged 15-19 years. The program offers nurse home visiting at regular intervals.
No address available Hobart: 6233 2700 | Launceston: 6326 6188 | Burnie: 6434 6201 No email address available
- Camp Quality Inc (Tas) is a support program for children with cancer and their families.
21 Bathurst St, Hobart TAS 7000 6231 5445 firstname.lastname@example.org
- CanTeen Australia - Tasmania Division is the national support organisation for young people (aged 12-24) living with cancer.
38 Cromwell Street, Battery Point 6223 7550 email@example.com
- Centacare Tasmania - Welfare Services delivers a broad range of specialised and professional support, counselling, accommodation, emergency, advocacy, education and training services throughout Tasmania.
Hobart: 35 Tower Road, New Town 7008 | Launceston: 13a Brisbane Street, Launceston 7250 | Burnie: 108 Mount Street, Burnie 7320 Hobart: 6278 1660 | Launceston: 6331 9253 | Burnie: 6431 8555 No email address available
- Child and Family Services Helpline is an after hours emergency service for child protection concerns.
No address available 1800 001 219 No email address available
- Child and Youth Health contains a wealth of information for kids, teenagers, parents and carers on child and youth health issues.
- Child Health Centres provide counselling, support and health / practical parenting information for families and growth / development assessments for children through more than 80 Child Health Centres across Tasmania.
- Child Protection Services have the responsibility for intervening where children are at risk of abuse and neglect under the Children, Young Persons and Their Families Act 1997. Child Protection activities include intake, assessment, case management and out of home care services.
No address available 1300 737 639 No email address available
- CREATE Foundation connects and empowers children and young people in care, using ICT strategies and improves the care system through activities, programs, training and policy advice.
- Fusion Australia offers support for young people in a wide variety of settings; i.e. schools, camps, day trips, accommodation services and employment programs.
Poatina: Gordon St. Poatina 7302 | Hobart: 37-38 Gryces Road Kingston | Launceston: Thistle Street, Launceston | Wynyard: 56 Goldie Street Wynyard Poatina: 6397 8280 | Hobart: 6229 1939 | Launceston: 6344 8676 | Wynyard: 6442 5364 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenorchy Child and Youth Services has information and contact details on services for Children, Youth, Older People and People with a disability within the Glenorchy area.
- Health and Well Being A-Z Service List is a complete A-Z listing of services offered by the Department of Health and Human Resources (DHHS).
- Hobart Women's Health Centre is part of a national network of women's health centres. The Centre is run by women and for women and provides a range of health services.
25 Lefroy Street, North Hobart Hobart: 6231 3212 | Outside Hobart: 1800 353 212 email@example.com
- Kennerley Childrens Home offers emergency support and care for children. The services offered by the Kennerley Childrens Home include cottage/sibling care, foster care and 'Moving on' care - semi independent accommodation for young adults.
22 Arunta Crs, Chigwell 6249 2622 Or 6249 4794 No email address available
- Link Youth Health Service is a free, confidential service for young Tasmanians dealing with issues such as drug use, pregnancy, housing, nutrition, sex, and health etc.
57 Liverpool Street, Hobart 6231 2927 No email address available
- Now What - a website for young people living with cancer is a website for young people dealing with cancer (who either have cancer, know someone with cancer or know someone who has died from cancer).
- Parenting Centres provide intensive support for a range of parenting issues including post natal depression, breastfeeding and relationship concerns which relate to early childhood (0-5 years).
No address available North: 6326 6188 | North West: 6434 6201 | South: 6233 2700 No email address available
- Parenting Line is available at any time to assist parents with stressful parenting issues or concerns.
No address available 1300 808 178 No email address available
- Pregnant and Young Parent Support (PYPS) helps young parents (15 - 25 years) prepare for the physical and mental change that occurs when they are going to have a child. PYPS has a wealth of information around pregnancy and birth, and access to parenting resources at the Family Resource Centre.
34 Paterson St, Launceston 6334 4249 firstname.lastname@example.org
- PULSE Youth Health Centre provide a range of FREE health and wellbeing services to young people aged 12-24 years in Southern Tasmania.
2 Terry Street, Glenorchy 6233 8900 email@example.com
- Raising the Children Raising Children Network - the Australian Parenting Website provides helpful tools and resources about raising children in the middle childhood and early teen years.
- Save A Mate (SAM) promotes the health and wellbeing of young people by providing education, service and support on key current and emerging health issues, particularly those related to alcohol and other drug use and mental health.
No address available 6235 6018 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Somazone is a program of the Australian Drug Foundation (ADF) and aims to empower young people to address their physical, emotional and social health needs in a way that is relevant and non-judgemental.
- Tasmanian Early Years Foundation supports and promotes the wellbeing, development and learning of Tasmanian children up to the age of 6 years.
No address available 1300 367 863 email@example.com
- The Zone - Youth Information and Access Centre offers recreational activities, a space for young women, referrals to other services, counselling and support as well as Young Migrant Youth Group and a White Lion Worker.
64 Stewart St, Devonport 6423 4099 No email address available
- Whitelion supports young people to build better lives for themselves and helps make our community more inclusive and safer place.
South: 2 Thomas Street, North Hobart and 6 Bowden Street , Bridgewater | Launceston: 1/68 St John Street, Launceston | Devonport: 35 Oldaker Street, Devonport Hobart: 6234 5030, 6263 3584 | Launceston: 6331 2900 | Devonport: 6420 7711 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Young Carers Carers Tasmania Young Carer Program provides information and support to young people aged 25 and under who provide care to a family member or friend.
Hobart: 181 Elizabeth St, Hobart | Launceston: Shop 8, 216 Charles St, Launceston | Burnie: Suite 5, 15 Wilmot Street, Burnie Hobart: 6231 5507 | Launceston: 6334 9917 | Burnie: 6432 1170 email@example.com
- Youth and Education Services provides a variety of school-based programs, which encourage young peoples' involvement in health promotion, community service, international friendship and promotion of humanitarian principles.
No address available 6235 6041 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Health Services offer young people aged 12 - 24 years a flexible and confidential service including information, education, support, referral, and counselling on issues.
No address available Hobart: 6233 8900 | Launceston: 6334 0800 | North West: 6440 7140 No email address available
- Youth NSW contains links and resources to information about a range of youth issues such as staying safe, health issues, sports, getting help and more.